CFH Travel Award
If you are a graduate student, teacher, faculty member, or independent scholar in need of financial assistance to facilitate your travel to the 2021 CFH Biennial Conference, you are encouraged to apply for a $300 conference travel scholarship. Applications are due by August 15, 2021.
To apply, please send an email to Dan Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CFH Conference Travel Scholarship Application” in the subject line, and the following information in the body of the email:
1) Your name and contact info.
2) Your academic position (e.g., graduate student, high school teacher, adjunct college teaching faculty, lecturer, assistant professor, independent scholar, etc.).
3) Statement of whether you are presenting a paper at the conference. If you are not scheduled to present, please include a brief statement of the reasons why you would like to attend the conference.
4) Statement of what funds (if any) are available for conference travel from your institution or any other sources.
5) Brief statement (no more than 500 words) of why you are applying for this scholarship.
Decisions on scholarship funding will be made by the CFH executive board, and will be based on financial need and applicant qualifications, with the goal of facilitating participation in this conference from graduate students, secondary education teachers, and other historians who may not have tenure-track faculty positions or access to institutional funding. Applicants who are awarded a scholarship will be notified two weeks prior to the conference.